vineri, 13 aprilie 2012

The vow

I have a theory too. My theory is about moments. Moments of impact. My theory is that these moments of impact, these flashes of high intensity that completely turn our lives upside down actually end up defining who we are. 

One of my absolute favorite moments.

The thing is each one of us is the sum total of every moment that we've ever experienced with all the people we've ever known. And it's these moments that become our history like our own personal greatest hits of memories that we play and replay in our minds over and over again.

I promise to never forget that this is a once in a lifetime love. 

So that's my theory. That these moments of impact define who we are. But what I never considered was what if one day you could no longer remember any of them? 

How do you look at the girl you love and tell yourself it's time to walk away?

I hope that one day I can love the way that you love me. 
You figured it out once, you'll do it again.

I chose to stay with him for all the things that he had done right and not to leave him for the one thing that he had done wrong. I chose to forgive him. 

I have to discover what it's like to be without you. On my own. 

A moment of impact. A moment of impact whose potential for change has ripple effects far beyond what we can predict. Sending some particles crashing together. Making them closer than before. While sending others spending off into great ventures. Ending where you'd never thought you'd find them. You see, that's the thing about moments like these. You can't, no matter how hard you try, control how they're gonna affect you. You just gotta let the colliding particles land where they may and wait until the next collision. 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu