sâmbătă, 2 aprilie 2011

Great expectations

"-I think she doesn't like me.
 -But you love her. She'll only break your heart, it's a fact. It's tragic, you're already in love with her. And even though I warn you, even though I guarantee you that the girl will only hurt you terribly, you'll still pursue her. Ain't love grand?

...

-Smile, smile, smile. Alright, don't smile. Yes, feel it! Wonderful, feel it in your bones!

...

I'm here, aren't I?

...

Who's business was it what I did with my life? Who'd gotten my life in order? Me. I was in control. And everything I wanted I had.

...

No doubt, our paths will cross.

...

We are who we are, people don't change.

...

I do love the way you dance.

...

Don't you understand that everything I do I do it for you? Anything that might be special in me is you.

...

-You were the catalyst. The fool was waving, wouldn't commit to my Estella... Imagine. Then you came on the scene.
-I don't believe it.
-Storybook, isn't it?
-Why?
-At first you were practice for her, a teaching device. Throw a mouse in with a snake, teach it to hunt. Swallow food wholly, you know? I must say you didn't provide much of a challenge. Now, now, you enjoyed it. And I warned you years ago. Didn't have to do that. I told you the girl would hurt you terribly, didn't I? You chose not to listen. Well, I suggest you look on the bright side: we are together, joyned: you, Estella and I. Pyramid of pain. It's not love but it is a bond. We are together.
-Give me your hand. You know what this is? It's my heart and it's broken. Can you feel that?
-I'm sorry, I'm sorry... What have I done?

...

And the years went by. And then one day I went home.

...

I sat there and thought back over the things I'd done, over my life and where in that brief violent time it had gone. And then she came back again.

...

-Things have been different for me. For a long time I kept...
-What?
-I think about you. A lot lately.
-I'm glad.
-Can you ever forgive me?
-Don't you know me at all?
She did know me and I knew her. I always had, from the first instant. And the rest of it, it didn't matter. It was past. It was as if it had never happened. There was just my memory of it."

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu