luni, 30 ianuarie 2012

Legends of the fall

Some people hear their inner voices with great clearness.  And they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy or they become legend. 

I don't know why Tristan did not kill that damned old bear. The old ones say that when a man and an animal have spilled each other's blood they become one. 

I'll wait for you however long it takes. I'll wait for you forever.

It is hard to tell of happiness. Time goes by and we feel safe too soon.

I followed all the rules. Man's, God's. And you... you followed none of them. And they all loved you more. Samuel, father, even my own wife.

I remember when he was a boy. I thought Tristan would never live to be an old man. I was wrong about that. I was wrong about many things. It was those who loved him most who died young. He was a rock they broke themselves against, however much he tried to protect them. But he had his honor and a long life and he saw his children grow and raise their own families. 

His grave is not marked but it does not matter. He had always lived in the border land anyway. Somewhere between this world and the other. It was a good death...

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu